BBP Real Estate ESG Focus Session: Net Zero Carbon
Protecting & Enhancing Asset Value & Investment Performance Through Effective Net Zero Strategies
Understand how the Net Zero agenda is impacting on real estate portfolio and asset strategies
The Focus Session has been designed to provide greater depth on the complex and continuously evolving topic of Net Zero Carbon and the transition imperative. It covers in greater detail than the core Real Estate ESG training modules: frameworks relating to and definitions of Net Zero, understanding greenhouse gas emissions in the context of the property lifecycle, and how to set out and deliver on pathways to Net Zero at both the portfolio and asset level.
On completion of the course, participants will have:
- Deeper knowledge and understanding of the drivers behind the transition to NZC.
- Some general awareness of the capital market trends relating to the transition to NZC.
- A better understanding of the whole-life climate impacts of property and how these are measured and tracked.
- The ability to explain key NZC concepts, principles and definitions applicable to assets and portfolios.
- Knowledge of what a credible NZC pathway for property assets and portfolios constitutes.
- Experience of how tools such as CRREM are used to inform investment decisions and business planning.
- The ability to identify and evaluate the hierarchy of practical options for delivering the NZC transition.
- An appreciation of how the NZC agenda may continue to evolve including in relation to key uncertainties.
All Focus Sessions have been designed as supplementary to the BBP ESG for Real Estate Professionals Course, and are open and available to those who have completed the core programme.
Those who would like to register for this focus session without completing the Core Programme first, should complete the Self-Assessment Quiz to ensure they possess sufficient existing knowledge of ESG in a Real Estate context.
This Focus Session consists of 2 hours of live teaching and a small amount of pre-course learning.
Participants will join fellow professionals from peer organisations in groups of up to 20.
Please note that the course has been developed to fulfil a particular industry skills development need and is intended for the audience set out above. The BBP and Hillbreak reserve the right to reject booking requests from individuals that do not fall into eligible categories.
Expressions of Interest & Queries
If you wish to submit an Expression of Interest for the course without proceeding directly to registration, please complete the form below. You will be added to our database of interested parties to whom announcements on future course dates and registration openings will be confirmed ahead of the wider market.
If you have any queries regarding the training, please contact us at BBPcourse@hillbreak.com and we’ll respond as soon as we can.
Some booking terms
Full terms and conditions of registration are provided at the point of booking.
If you wish to cancel your place on the course you may do so by providing us with notice by email to BBPcourse@hillbreak.com or telephone to 0333 5050 606 at any time up until 30 days prior to the date of your live session and the BBP will provide a full refund of the course fees paid or (if you so request) use all reasonable efforts to transfer your booking to an alternative course date in the future.
If you wish to cancel or withdraw from the course at any time after 30 days prior to the date of your first course module, you shall not be entitled to any refund of course fees paid and /or will still be liable for any outstanding fees to be paid. However, if you provide us with notice 10 working days or more prior to the date of your first course module, we will use all reasonable efforts to transfer your booking to an alternative course date in the future.