Jon specialises in providing strategic advice and independent challenge on responsible investment, urban futures, risk management, policy and sustainability to clients ranging from global investment managers and FTSE100 corporates to governmental and industry bodies around the world. He has a proven track-record of strong leadership, distinctive vision, effective partnership working and persuasive advocacy, which he combines in the pursuit of progressive change across the real estate and built environment sectors.
Jon combines his role as an advisor with a number of industry group and charity roles through which he seeks to inspire and facilitate solutions to social, environmental and economic challenges. He is regarded as an eminent thought-leader, networker and an orchestrator of collaboration, combining a strong appreciation of market dynamics, effective policy and transformational business strategy. He is an experienced and distinctive public speaker and has delivered many speeches and presentations across Europe, North America and Asia.
Formerly, he led the global Real Estate Sustainability Practice at professional services firm, Deloitte, having previously established the award-winning sustainability team at Drivers Jonas LLP.
Jon is a vice-Chair of ULI UK and is a former Chair of its Sustainability Council. He is also a fellow of the RSA.
- REFI European Awards Judge 2020
- Responsible Property Investment Committee, Royal London Asset Management
- Global ESG Committee, Round Hill Capital
- ESG Committee, BMO Real Estate Partners
- Senior Advocate Member, Real Estate Balance
- Editorial Board Member, PlaceTech
- Executive Advisory Group, City of the Trees
- Vice-Chair of Urban Land Institute UK
- European Sustainable Development Council of the Urban Land Institute
- Trustee, Williams Syndrome Foundation
- Chair of the Board, Federation of European Williams Syndrome associations (FEWS)
Former industry appointments
- Chair of the UK Sustainability Council of the Urban Land Institute
- Founding Board Member of the Manchester China Forum
- Chair of Policy Committee, Landscape Institute
- Chair of the pro.Manchester Green Economy Group
- Trustee & Council Member, Landscape Institute
- Green Property Alliance
- British Property Federation Sustainability Committee
- Expert Witness to the All Party Urban Development Group
- Chair of the Managing Partners Forum Sustainability Panel
- Board of the Greater Manchester Low Carbon Economic Area
- Vice-Chair of the English Regions Network Sustainable Development Advisory Group
- Editorial Board of Sustain Magazine
- Property Week Awards judging panel
- Board of the North West Energy Council
- National Management Board of the UK Sustainable Consumption & Production Network
- Technical and Environment Committee of the Landscape Institute