BBP Real Estate ESG Focus Session: Leveraging ESG Disclosure Regulations & Standards
Leveraging ESG Disclosure Regulations & Standards In Europe To Enhance Investment Marketing, Sales and Strategy
Navigate the growing body of European transparency requirements for real estate companies and funds to avoid greenwashing
This Focus Session outlines the drivers and principles of ESG regulatory requirements worldwide, before focussing on what these mean in practice, through the lens of the world’s most developed framework: the EU sustainable finance regime. The module presents a practical navigation aid to the dynamic and complex new landscape, helping participants understand how the frameworks do – and don’t – work, and how incoming requirements interact with existing mandatory and voluntary structures. By drawing out real asset specificities from the broadly-based frameworks, and emphasising disclosure obligations, the material in anchored in operational realities.
On completion of the course, participants will have:
- An understanding of the nature and purpose of emerging financial market regulation on ESG.
- Greater awareness of the landscape of financial market ESG regulations affecting real estate financial market participants and how these are developing in major jurisdictions, particularly in relation to climate-related disclosures.
- Knowledge of the mandatory ESG disclosure requirements for real estate entities in both public and private markets, with a particular focus on the EU taxonomy, SFDR, and CSRD.
- An appreciation of how European mandatory disclosure requirements and their indicators interface with real estate industry standards of good practice for sustainability reporting.
- The ability to assess how listed companies are non-listed real estate investments should be classified under the EU taxonomy and the SFDR respectively.
- Anticipation of future regulatory developments.
All Focus Sessions have been designed as supplementary to the BBP ESG for Real Estate Professionals Course, and are open and available to those who have completed the core programme.
Those who would like to register for this focus session without completing the Core Programme first, should complete the Self-Assessment Quiz to ensure they possess sufficient existing knowledge of ESG in a Real Estate context.
This Focus Session consists of 2 hours of live teaching and a small amount of pre-course learning.
Participants will join fellow professionals from peer organisations in groups of up to 20.
Please note that the course has been developed to fulfil a particular industry skills development need and is intended for the audience set out above. The BBP and Hillbreak reserve the right to reject booking requests from individuals that do not fall into eligible categories.
Expressions of Interest & Queries
If you wish to submit an Expression of Interest for the course without proceeding directly to registration, please complete the form below. You will be added to our database of interested parties to whom announcements on future course dates and registration openings will be confirmed ahead of the wider market.
If you have any queries regarding the training, please contact us at BBPcourse@hillbreak.com and we’ll respond as soon as we can.
Some booking terms
Full terms and conditions of registration are provided at the point of booking.
If you wish to cancel your place on the course you may do so by providing us with notice by email to BBPcourse@hillbreak.com or telephone to 0333 5050 606 at any time up until 30 days prior to the date of your live session and the BBP will provide a full refund of the course fees paid or (if you so request) use all reasonable efforts to transfer your booking to an alternative course date in the future.
If you wish to cancel or withdraw from the course at any time after 30 days prior to the date of your first course module, you shall not be entitled to any refund of course fees paid and /or will still be liable for any outstanding fees to be paid. However, if you provide us with notice 10 working days or more prior to the date of your first course module, we will use all reasonable efforts to transfer your booking to an alternative course date in the future.