Job vacancy – ESG Learning Assistant
We are excited to be advertising to fill a new role to support our growing Client Learning team.
Full job description
Hillbreak, a mission-driven provider of training courses, strategic advisory services, and independent oversight, is looking for a proactive, creative, and well-organised Learning Assistant to help administer our industry-leading ESG training courses.
Launched in 2015, Hillbreak has become a stand-out provider of strategic advice, independent oversight and client learning programmes focused on Environmental, Social & Corporate Governance (ESG) matters. We are particularly focused on real estate but our services cover a range of investment sectors. You can find out more about our firm at www.hillbreak.com, including our mission and values.
We are privileged to count many of the world’s foremost investment institutions and professional services firms amongst our clients. We are a dynamic, independent, mission-led, and growing business with an exciting future. We have a small, highly supportive, and capable team centred in the UK but spread around the globe.
Our working model is generally remote.
The role of the ESG Learning Assistant is to partner with our Training & Creative Manager to provide active learning support to client organisations and course participants, including through effective course administration and management of our online Learning Hub and other systems. The successful candidate will work independently and collegiately with the rest of the team, supporting the Training & Creative Manager and the wider Client Learning team.
Induction will include full training in our existing systems and processes.
- Managing our course delivery platform
- Liaising with the Client Learning team to ensure timely delivery of training materials
- Coordinating the allocation of training instructors
- Organising both video conferencing and in-person training sessions
- Communicating with course participants and supporting them in their learning journey
- Monitoring and managing attendance lists, cancellations, and alterations, waiting lists, engagement, and participant feedback
- Generating reports for our clients
In addition, we would be delighted if you:
- could help with the creation of course material, promotional collateral and multi-media learning materials through design, formatting and editing; and
- had experience using task and project management software, or content management systems (such as WordPress).
What’s important to us
We take great pride not only in what we do, but in how we do it. We’re looking for someone that believes in our mission, embodies our ethos and who would bring these qualities to the firm:
- Purposefulness – our mission is our driving force and should resonate with you. You should have the highest standards of integrity and ethics. An interest in or passion for environmental issues or sustainability would be very welcome.
- Organisation – you’ll need excellent organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise tasks and deal calmly with conflicting demands.
- IT literacy – you’ll need to be adept at using IT systems and learning new platforms quickly. You may need to create branded documents and presentations.
- Clarity – you’ll have excellent written and verbal communication and be comfortable engaging with colleagues and clients at all levels of seniority.
- Professionalism – you’ll need to have a strong work ethic, sense of responsibility, resourcefulness, and attention to detail.
- Empathy – we care deeply about our clients, colleagues, and partners. We understand that our impact extends beyond the services we directly provide. We always want the people we work with to enjoy interacting with us, while feeling supported, inspired and empowered. You must be able to build and maintain good working relationships based on trust and respect.
- Discretion – you must be trustworthy and able to deal reliably with confidential and personal information.
You’ll ideally have some experience in a similar role or function, although this is not essential, and we’ll be looking in the main for someone who can demonstrate the right attitude and skills. We would welcome applications from individuals that may recently have left college, for example.
- Minimum of four days per week, with flexibility supported and encouraged.
- Ideally, you will blend working from home with some co-working time with our Training & Creative Manager, although arrangements can be discussed so that we get the right balance for you and the requirements of the role.
- The role needs to be UK-based, although the location can be flexible. Our Training & Creative Manager is based in Frome (Somerset) so we would prefer candidates that are based in the region.
- FTE salary in the region of £18,000-20,000, pro-rated.
- Participation in discretionary company bonus scheme.
- 5% matched pension contribution
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days holiday, (Pro Rata) plus an additional one day of holiday per year of employment completed, to a maximum of 30 days paid holiday per year
- Access to our industry-leading ESG training
Recruitment process and timetable
The closing date for applications for the role is Friday 14th October 2022 with a view to the first stage of interviewing taking place on or shortly after 31st October 2022.
In the first instance, interested applicants should submit their CV and a covering letter to email@example.com setting out what qualities they believe they will bring to the role. If you would like to share any examples of your design work, please include these with your application.
We seek cognitive diversity in our business and have a positive attitude to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to consider this position.
Short-listed applicants will then be invited to attend a first interview on Zoom with our Training & Creative Manager, the Executive Assistant to our Managing Director and our Systems Consultant.