BBP Real Estate ESG Training 2022
Asset Owners & Managers Pathway
The training has been designed especially for real estate professionals working within an investment and asset management context, including those working for equity or debt fund management and investment institutions, banks, developers and Real Estate Investment Trusts and private property companies. It is open and applicable to those in the following roles:
- Equity and debt fund managers
- Portfolio and asset managers
- Investment/ transaction managers
- Development managers
- Investor Relations specialists
- Product development and distribution specialists, especially those looking to incorporate ESG characteristics into new or existing funds
- Real estate finance professionals, including Relationship Managers, and analysts.
For participants wishing to attend from consultancy and brokerage firms, please refer to the Advisory Pathway.
On completion of the course, participants will:
- Have deeper knowledge and understanding of the key ESG factors pertinent to commercial RE investment.
- Have greater awareness of salient market and regulatory trends and the implications of these for different stakeholders
- Be able to identify the ESG factors that are material to a range of property types and strategies and understand the interconnectedness of these factors
- Be able to identify and assess ESG-related risks and opportunities in the short and longer-term and understand the impact these have on property value and valuation
- Know what needs to be done to address ESG risks and opportunities across the investment lifecycle, including with respect to direct and indirect investment, lending and development
- Have an appreciation for the impacts of ESG on leasing as well as occupier considerations
- Be confident in driving forward practical interventions to address the ESG attributes of AUM
- Understand that ESG should be integrated into a range of different roles and responsibilities
The course format has been updated for 2022 and will now feature a small amount of pre-course learning, two core modules of live teaching and – coming later in 2022 – a selection of brand new elective modules which will focus on specific key topics. These elective modules will be available to all participants who have completed the core modules on either the Asset Owners & Managers or the Advisors pathway.
Participants embark upon the core programme and are enrolled onto the newly reconfigured Hillbreak Learning Hub where they will find all of the materials they need to undertake the pre-course learning and assessment ahead of their live teaching modules. The live teaching modules for the core programme last 4 hours each and take place approximately one month apart from each other.
For the core programme live teaching, participants will join fellow professionals from peer organisations in groups of around 20, all of whom will be on the Asset Owners & Managers pathway. The majority of participants that have completed the course so far have been based in the UK and Europe, but we have also enjoyed contributions from a significant number of participants from the United States and Asia-Pacific. All resources needed for the live teaching sessions will also be made available on the Learning Hub.
Course Dates and Registration
Demand has been very high, so please book early to avoid disappointment. Please note that the course has been developed to fulfil a particular industry skills development need and is intended for the audience set out above and in the course prospectus document. The BBP and Hillbreak reserve the right to reject booking requests from individuals or organisations that do not fall into eligible role categories, or to offer places on the alternative pathway.
|Group||Module 1 Date||Module 2 Date||Registration Status|
|Group 5||19 May 2022|
|14 June 2022|
|Group 6||9 June 2022 (13:30-17:30)||30 June 2022 (13:30-17:30)||SOLD OUT|
|Group G||5 July 2022 (09:00-13:00)||3 August 2022 (13:00-17:00)||SOLD OUT|
|Group H||7 July 2022|
|4 August 2022|
|Group I||19 July 2022|
|11 August 2022|
|Group 9||6 September 2022 (13:30-17:30)||29 September 2022 (13:30-17:30)||Proceed to booking|
|Group J||6 October 2022|
|27 October 2022|
|Group K||11 October 2022|
|9 November 2022|
|Proceed to booking|
|Group L||18 October 2022|
|10 November 2022|
|Proceed to booking|
Expressions of Interest & Queries
If you wish to submit an Expression of Interest for the course without proceeding directly to registration, please complete the form below. You will be added to our database of interested parties to whom announcements on future course dates and registration openings will be confirmed ahead of the wider market.
If you have any queries regarding the training, please contact us at BBPcourse@hillbreak.com and we’ll respond as soon as we can.
Some booking terms
Full terms and conditions of registration are provided at the point of booking, but please note that it is not possible to swap between groups once the course has started unless exceptional circumstances are applicable.
If you wish to cancel your place on the course you may do so by providing us with notice by email to BBPcourse@hillbreak.com or telephone to 0333 050 8334 at any time up until 30 days prior to the date of your first course module and the BBP will provide a full refund of the course fees paid or (if you so request) use all reasonable efforts to transfer your booking to an alternative course date in the future.
If you wish to cancel or withdraw from the course at any time after 30 days prior to the date of your first course module, you shall not be entitled to any refund of course fees paid and /or will still be liable for any outstanding fees to be paid. However, if you provide us with notice 10 working days or more prior to the date of your first course module, we will use all reasonable efforts to transfer your booking to an alternative course date in the future.