Integrating ESG into Real Estate Investment Management
Please note, this group is now sold out. For availability please check the registration information page. If there are no spaces available please use the expression of interest form at the bottom of the registration information page to leave your details and we will contact you when new groups open.
Bookings for this new BBP Real Estate ESG Training course, delivered by Hillbreak, are now being accepted. Due to the high demand expected and the need to ensure an impactful learning experience for participants, the course is being delivered to groups of between 15-25 individuals. Check the full list of available groups and course dates and make sure that you are booking the right one based on your availability; we cannot guarantee that booked places will be able to be transferred from one group to another.
The key details of the course include the following:
Group B Course Dates
- Module One: 29 September 2021 (13.30-17.30) – pre-course learning materials for Module One will be released to participants in advance of the first training date.
- Module Two: 27 October 2021 (13.30-17.30) – pre-course learning materials for Module Two will be released on completion of Module One.
The live sessions for Module One and Two will be held virtually using Zoom.
This new course has been designed especially for real estate professionals working within an asset management context, including those working for fund management and investment advisory institutions, Real Estate Investment Trusts and private property companies. It is open and applicable to those based in the UK and mainland Europe in the following roles:
- Fund managers
- Portfolio and asset managers
- Investment/ transaction managers
- Development managers
- Investor Relations specialists
- Product development and distribution specialists, especially those looking to incorporate ESG characteristics into new or existing funds
- Real estate finance professionals and analysts
Please note that the course has been developed to fulfil a particular industry skills development need and is intended for the audience set out above and in the course prospectus document. The BBP and Hillbreak reserve the right to reject booking requests from individuals or organisations that do not fall into eligible role categories, including, for example those in ESG and sustainability consultancy roles.
At the end of the course, participants will:
- Have deeper knowledge and understanding of the key environmental, social and governance factors pertinent to commercial real estate investment.
- Have greater awareness of salient market trends, including investor, lender, occupier and other stakeholder expectations, and the implications of these for real estate portfolios and their managers.
- Be able to identify the ESG factors that are material to a range of commercial property types, including across the spectrum of investment strategies, from core to opportunistic.
- Be able to identify and assess ESG-related risks and opportunities to real estate investments in the short and longer-term.
- Know what needs to be done at each stage of the investment lifecycle to address these ESG-related risks and opportunities – and how to factor these into investment decision-making.
- Know how to measure, set targets for, track and report on ESG factors, including in relation to risk profile, environmental performance and social impact.
- Understand the scope and limitations of the principal ESG measurement, benchmarking and certification frameworks, and the role these can play in improving transparency.
- Be confident in driving forward the environmental and social performance of assets under management, based on a a stronger appreciation of some of the practical interventions that are available
The course will be split into two half-day modules with the principal elements of content covering the following:
Module One (Context & Strategic Considerations)
- ESG drivers and market trends: understanding how investment and operating contexts are changing in response to environmental and societal imperatives.
- New risks and opportunities: defining key ESG topics, such as Net Zero and social impact, and their application to different property types and asset strategies.
- Financial and non-financial returns: unpacking the relationship between ESG, property value and investment performance.
- Measurement and transparency: certification, benchmarking and reporting frameworks applicable at the asset, portfolio and corporate level.
Module Two (Practical Implementation)
- Prioritising ESG interventions throughout the property investment lifecycle, including integration into asset business plans and the growing role of sustainable finance.
- Ways of engaging with other stakeholders, such as occupiers and operating partners, to secure the delivery of ESG interventions and outcomes.
- Establishing roles and responsibilities, ensuring accountability and incentivising action across the value chain.
- Market leadership: examples of best practice and innovation from around the sector.
The short video below provides an outline of the learning journey that course participants will embark upon.
- Participants from Steering Group member organisations: a strictly limited number of free places are available to each organisation.
- Participants from BBP Member organisations: £500 + VAT per participant
- Participants from organisations that are not members of the BBP: £750 + VAT per participant.
View the course prospectus for more information by clicking on the cover image below.