Sustainable Finance Elective Module
Bookings for the Sustainable Finance elective module, delivered by Hillbreak, are now open to those who have completed the BBP ESG For Real Estate Professionals course. Due to the high demand expected and the need to ensure an impactful learning experience for participants, the course is being delivered to groups of between 15-25 individuals. Check the full list of available groups and course dates and make sure that you are booking the right one based on your availability; we cannot guarantee that booked places will be able to be transferred from one group to another.
The key details of the course include the following:
All elective training modules have been designed as supplementary to the BBP ESG for Real Estate Professionals Course, and are only open and available to those who have completed the core modules on the Asset Owners & Managers Pathway or the Advisors Pathway. Elective module bookings from participants who have not completed the aforementioned course will be declined unless they are currently registered on the core modules and due to complete them by their elective module dates.
For more information regarding eligibility or to register for the BBP ESG For Real Estate Professionals course please view the course page.
Please note that the course has been developed to fulfil a particular industry skills development need and is intended for the audience set out above. The BBP and Hillbreak reserve the right to reject booking requests from individuals that do not fall into eligible categories.
At the end of the course, participants will:
- Have general awareness of the capital market trends relating to sustainable finance.
- Have greater awareness of how debt products can fit within the ESG investment spectrum and the ability to cite and explain examples of recent sustainable finance precedents and innovations
- Have a better understanding of labelling in debt products
- Be able to explain key industry driven sustainable finance standards and frameworks
- Know about current and emerging regulation impacting upon sustainable lending and borrowing
- Have an understanding of the “use of proceeds” concept and topics and issues to which it can be applied
- Have an understanding of the relationship between ESG issues, credit assessment and the lending process
- Be able to articulate the core components of corporate and house level sustainable finance frameworks
The course will be delivered in one 2 hour online session.
This module has been designed especially for real estate professionals working in either a lending or borrowing context, including fund managers and investment institutions, banks, developers and Real Estate Investment Trusts and private property companies. It explores trends in sustainable finance markets, labelling of debt products as Green, Social, Sustainability, Sustainability-linked (GSSS) or Transition, how debt products can fit within responsible, sustainable or impact investment strategies, emerging regulation relevant to ESG in the debt markets, and key considerations when integrating ESG considerations into the lending or borrowing process.
- £250 + VAT per participant