Leveraging ESG Disclosure Regulations & Standards In Europe To Enhance Investment Marketing, Sales and Strategy
Navigate the growing body of European transparency requirements for real estate companies and funds to avoid greenwashing
Bookings for this elective module, delivered by Hillbreak, are now open to those who have completed the BBP ESG For Real Estate Professionals course. Due to the high demand expected and the need to ensure an impactful learning experience for participants, the course is being delivered to groups of no more than 20 individuals. Check the full list of available groups and course dates and make sure that you are booking the right one based on your availability; we cannot guarantee that booked places will be able to be transferred from one group to another.
The key details of the course include the following:
All elective training modules have been designed as supplementary to the BBP ESG for Real Estate Professionals Course, and are open and available to those who have completed the core modules on the Asset Owners & Managers Pathway or the Advisors Pathway, or are due to complete them by their elective module dates. Those would like to register for this module without completing the BBP ESG For Real Estate Professionals core modules first, should contact BBPCourse@Hillbreak.com to discuss eligibility requirements.
For more information regarding eligibility or to register for the BBP ESG For Real Estate Professionals course please view the course page.
Please note that the course has been developed to fulfil a particular industry skills development need and is intended for the audience set out above. The BBP and Hillbreak reserve the right to reject booking requests from individuals that do not fall into eligible categories.
At the end of the course, participants will have:
- An understanding of the nature and purpose of emerging financial market regulation on ESG
- Greater awareness of the landscape of financial market ESG regulations affecting real estate financial market participants and how these are developing in major jurisdictions, particularly in relation to climate-related disclosures.
- Knowledge of the mandatory ESG disclosure requirements for real estate entities in both public and private markets, with a particular focus on the EU taxonomy, SFDR, and CSRD.
- An appreciation of how European mandatory disclosure requirements and their indicators interface with real estate industry standards of good practice for sustainability reporting.
- The ability to assess how listed companies are non-listed real estate investments should be classified under the EU taxonomy and the SFDR respectively.
- Anticipation of future regulatory developments.
The course will be delivered in one 2 hour online session.
This module outlines the drivers and principles of ESG regulatory requirements worldwide, before focussing on what these mean in practice, through the lens of the world’s most developed framework: the EU sustainable finance regime. The module presents a practical navigation aid to the dynamic and complex new landscape, helping participants understand how the frameworks do – and don’t – work, and how incoming requirements interact with existing mandatory and voluntary structures. By drawing out real asset specificities from the broadly-based frameworks, and emphasising disclosure obligations, the material in anchored in operational realities.
- £250 + VAT per participant