Integrating ESG into Real Estate Investment Advisory
Bookings for the 2022 BBP Real Estate ESG Training course, delivered by Hillbreak, are now open. Due to the high demand expected and the need to ensure an impactful learning experience for participants, the course is being delivered to groups of between 15-25 individuals. Check the full list of available groups and course dates and make sure that you are booking the right one based on your availability; we cannot guarantee that booked places will be able to be transferred from one group to another. Swapping groups once your course is underway is usually not possible.
The key details of the course include the following:
Group Adv-G Course Dates
- Core Module One: 12 October 2022 (09:00-13:00) – pre-course learning materials for Module One will be released to participants in advance of the first training date.
- Core Module Two: 10 November 2022 (09:00-13:00) – pre-course learning materials for Module Two will be released on completion of Module One.
The live sessions will be held virtually using Zoom.
The training has been designed to meet the specific needs of advisory professionals in capital markets, investment advisory, valuation, leasing and transactions-based roles. It is open and applicable to those in the following or closely-related roles:
- Equity raising
- Debt sourcing and structuring
- Investment brokerage / consultancy
- Agency (i.e. buying, selling and leasing assets and portfolios)
- Capital markets research
For participants wishing to attend from asset owners, investment management, lending or developer organisations, please refer to the Asset Owners & Managers Pathway.
Please note that the course has been developed to fulfil a particular industry skills development need and is intended for the audience set out above and in the course prospectus document. The BBP and Hillbreak reserve the right to reject booking requests from individuals or organisations that do not fall into eligible role categories, including, for example those in ESG and sustainability consultancy roles.
At the end of the course, participants will:
- Have greater awareness of market drivers and trends and the implications of these for clients and their investments.
- Have better understanding of how ESG-related strategies of investors and occupiers are evolving and how this impacts on the advice and insights that clients need from their advisors and agents
- Have deeper knowledge and understanding of material ESG factors and their effects in different investment contexts, within and beyond the transaction of assets, portfolios and operating platforms
- Be able to identify and advise on the ESG-related risks and opportunities that are material to different transaction and capital raising contexts, including understanding the relationship with property value
- Be more confident to integrate ESG factors into investment strategy advice and appraisals
- Be able to justify the advice given to clients and the positions represented to clients’ counter-parties in the context of the evolving
The course features a small amount of pre-course learning, two core modules of live teaching and – coming later in 2022 – a selection of brand new elective modules which will focus on specific key topics. These elective modules will be available to all participants who have completed the core modules on either the Asset Owners & Managers or the Advisors pathway.
Participants embark upon the core programme and are enrolled onto the newly reconfigured Hillbreak Learning Hub where they will find all of the materials they need to undertake the pre-course learning and assessment ahead of their live teaching modules. The live teaching modules for the core programme last 4 hours each and take place approximately one month apart from each other.
For the core programme live teaching, participants will join fellow professionals from peer organisations in groups of around 20, all of whom will be on the Advisors Pathway. All resources needed for the live teaching sessions will also be made available on the Learning Hub.
- £750 + VAT per participant.