Yesterday, the value of commercial real estate was all in location. Tomorrow, much of it will be in information—and how CRE companies can use that information to build relationships with customers and strengthen tenant engagement.
We build awareness, knowledge and capacity within real estate organisations through bespoke, impactful training focused on Environmental, Social & Corporate Governance issues and their application to business, financial markets and real estate ownership and investment.
Our training encompasses:
- Executive Leadership programmes on the drivers and implications of ESG in a business, capital markets and property context and the leadership steps that need to be taken to ensure long-term success for real estate organisations.
- Education programmes for real estate investment, development and asset management teams on detailed aspects of Responsible Property Investment and sustainability and how they can be addressed robustly and efficiently through the property investment process.
- Training on Real Estate Fundamentals for responsible investment and sustainability professionals working in property organisations, helping them to understand how they can better engage with and influence their colleagues and stakeholders.
- ESG training with a real estate focus for professionals working in wealth management and multi-manager investment organisations.
- Coaching and briefing sessions and educational materials for professional services firms in the legal, accounting and surveying sectors.
- Regular speakers and contributors to industry-run training and professional development courses.
- Undergraduate and post-graduate lectures on sustainability and responsible property investment at leading real estate schools across the UK.
Importantly, we take the time to prepare bespoke content for each organisation to ensure that training sessions are tuned specifically to the objectives, business model and processes of each client, whilst also ensuring that specific case studies resonate with participants. We work closely with clients to incorporate appropriate portfolio, asset, transaction and corporate examples, as well as ensuring that we understand the dynamics and nuances of the organisation’s culture.
Hillbreak is a highly active contributor to, and collaborator with, a host of industry bodies and related organisations. We see this as an important function of our mission to enhance standards and practices within our sector, but we also believe strongly that it brings additional value to our clients because we can draw from, and introduce them to, extensive networks and insights from the UK and globally.
Key amongst our affiliations are:
Green Property Alliance
Miles chairs the Green Property Alliance, a property industry alliance body which acts as an umbrella for industry organisations with an interest in the sustainable development, ownership and occupation of commercial property.
Urban Land Institute
Jon sits on the Executive Committee of ULI UK, chairs its Sustainability Council, and sits on the Sustainable Development Council of ULI Europe.
Investment Property Forum
Miles is an Operational Board Member of the Investment Property Forum and chairs its Sustainability Interest Group.
Real Estate Balance
Miles and Jon are both Senior Advocate Members of Real Estate Balance, an association run by a group of female and male leaders from different organisations and disciplines engaged in real estate who are focussed on addressing the gender imbalance in our sector.
Future of London
Hillbreak is a signatory to the #DiversityPledgeLDN, a pan-London pledge to help development & infrastructure better reflect London’s diversity.
UK Green Building Council
We are active Members of the UK Green Building Council, and Miles is a UK-GBC Ambassador.
Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
Hillbreak is an RICS regulated firm, a designation awarded to firms which can demonstrate a commitment to maintaining the highest of ethical standards.